Saturday, November 8, 2008

Such a perfect day!


Yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a long time. It was the first day off from work, kids & my husband. It was nice to be able to decide what I want to do & who I want to do it with. So, I woke up at 6:30 am and went to the clinic to get my dose and counseling. I got to listen to my favorite radio station X96 the whole way there & back. I came back home and wished Harley a good day & finished listening to my radio program until 10:00 (while scrapbooking photos of my kids). Then I went to my mom's & figured out how to download my favorite podcast to my ipod so I can listen to the show at work when times are slow and dull. I laid down for a bit at my mom's (which I never have time to do on a regular day) and napped for an hour before going to visit my mom-in-law at Salt Lake Regional Hospital. I always feel good when I enter the hospital room because she makes me feel so wanted. She just beams and clings to me when I visit. She's been on pain meds & they make her very groggy so when she closes her eyes I usually want to leave her alone to sleep. This time I could tell she was very tired but when I asked she said no because she didn't want me to take off. So I told her that I would lay my head next to her & we would both nap together. She scooted over for me to lay by her but I declined the offer. She's on one of those air mattresses and she only weighs like 100 lbs right now so I didn't want to cause her to fly off of the bed as soon as I lay by her. She understood as soon as I explained why. She laughed. She held my hand for 45 minutes while we rested. Anyway, we hung out for 3 hours total and then I left to pick up my kids from their dad's house in Holladay. Parker got a perfect report card so I wanted to reward him. He chose to go to dinner with me at the Golden Corral. Izabel wanted to go because she was only 2 marks short of a perfect report card. So because I was taking the 2 older kids I didn't want Timmy to feel left out so we all went! First I bought Parker new shoes and then we met Harley for dinner. lt was just one of those days that you never want to end!

No comments: