Friday, July 31, 2009

We Lost Our Rose.


On December 2nd 2008, our sweet Rose passed away. Her first son, Lee, was in surgery from crashing on his motorcycle and her other son, Harley, my hubby, was in California for work. I got a call from Highland Care Center telling me that Rose was not doing well at all and may be leaving us today. So I called a babysitter for my kids and cruised as fast as I could down to the center. When I saw her, she was becoming unconscious but she still squeezed my hand to tell me she understood that I was there. I have never seen another person meet their maker but I could tell that Rose was on her way so I asked the doctors to give her some morphine so she could at least be comfortable for the process. I called Harley and he got on the first plane home and I called Lee's girlfriend and left her a message to call me asap. Within 20 minutes of my arrival, she was gone. I got there just in time to make sure she did not leave this world without knowing how loved she was. Even if she was incoherent during the last 10 minutes of her life - I still talked to her and kissed her and held her hand. She was so brave. I told her it was time for her to reunite with Jerry again (her sweet husband) and then she was gone. I sat on her bed with her and cried. I prayed that Jerry would be there to meet her and that she would be in peace now from her stroke. It was a peaceful experience to be there for her - in place of my husband because I loved her just the same. I still think about her everyday and pray that she is happy in heaven. And to this day - if you knew Rose and how much her boys loved her and did not want to let her go - I have a feeling that she chose that day to leave her body because she knew her boys would not be able to prevent it. Harley believes this too. I think Lee still may have a problem with me for being there instead of him. But everything is fine now. I know she is up there dancing with her sweet husband again, and I believe they are now watching over us together. I love and miss you, Rose.

No comments: